Sunday, December 29, 2013

No sweats!!!

I get asked on a regular basis, where did you get those (shoes, bag, pants, etc) or how did you know to put that with those .... or you're outfit is so cute, you always look so great. I love the compliments, really I do. I am just now realizing that shopping isn't easy for everyone like it is for me. Or putting outfits together is really hard for most of you, what to wear, when to wear it, how to put it all together....and all that! So at the risk of looking like I think I'm all that....I'll be posting on a regular basis what I wore, where I purchased it and for how much. These are my trade secrets, and I really rather not do this...so that's why I am doing it. I've learned contrary action has always been best for me. So here we go.....

My mom and I were going shopping. I wanted to be comfortable and I have to wear decent shoes if I am going to walk a lot. I would never go out in sweats, in my book sweats are for the gym or walking the dogs, that's about it.  So below this is my version of sweats, this is my casual.

From the top down: (1) Scarf - blue/black/grey leopard pattern recently bought on ebay for $3.00. Yes that's right, $3.00 no shipping fee. Ebay is my new obsession. I used to be scared of ebay, but it's the easiest shopping ever!  If you know what you want, go on there and you'll find it for less.  I love scarves, they are my version of jewelery, I wear them as often as possible, they spruce up an outfit. (2) White tank top - you can't see it, I wear tanks underneath a lot of items. I'm not a fan of showing a lot of cleavage so I wear tanks to keep it classy when being casual.  I usually buy them on sale at Jcrew (they always go on sale) but this one I bought for $6.00 about a week ago at Gilly Hicks in Glendale, you can also go online, they are having a huge sale right now. They were going out of business. (3) Jacket - made by "Free People" this is thin sweat-shirt material, oatmeal color, totally casual, but because it has so much detail, zipper that goes sideways like a motorcycle jacket, fancy collar, etc. it looks fancy. I bought it at Nordstrom @ 2 years ago for about $50.00 on sale. This look is very popular now and you can find it almost anywhere. (4) Pants - Army green, "cargo scout chino's" from Jcrew, on sale @ $30.00. I buy them about 1 size to big so they hang on my hips, I don't have much of a butt, so this looks best for me. When these are tight they look yucky on me. (5) Shoes - Jack Purcell slip-on's in blue. I love these! They are comfy and hip. (6) Jewelry, I am not a fan of a lot of jewelry, I would rather have a few expensive key pieces and wear them often. Micheal Kors silver men's watch (the face is bigger then women's watches, I wear the band loose so it's more like a bracelet $175.00. 2 rings one with diamonds and one with a peridot (lime green) stone - both gifts and small diamond earrings - also a gift (as it should be :-).

So if you minus the jewelry the outfit cost $154.00.  There's my version of casual sweats!


No comments:

Post a Comment