Saturday, January 17, 2009

Color color color

Spring is coming and the fun colors are in! I am so happy.....no more black, black, black! Anyone can wear color, tall, short, big and small. I know what you're thinking....."but I look good in black". Well yes, you do. But after a while, it starts to look and feel like a uniform and before you know it, you are trapped into buying only black.
Here's some ideas for the girls with a black only wardrobe: Add in a colorful wrap (I LOVE WRAPS- they fit all sizes and shapes) or a scarf. Wear your black pants and top then add in a colorful cardigan. HOW BOUT THIS, silver and gold are still in (we Persians never knew it went out). You can add in a big crazy silver belt to your jeans, black shirt outfit. 
Yellow - this is a big color this year and next in line are bright pink, orange and kelly green (no pastels please - we'll leave these for babies). I love an all white outfit - guess what? It's slimming and looks crisp and fresh, throw in a scarf with white and yellow then add silver, gold or yellow flats. Everyone will comment on how cute you look. Promise.
O.K. one last thing on colors. Stop with the "matchy, matchy, matchy" - meaning my earrings match my bracelet match my purse match my shoes etc. This dates you to ole'lady. You are not an ole'lady. If you have 2 colors in your outfit, I challenge you to add a 3rd or get crazy and add a 4th. Imagine, crisp white pants, white cotton t-shirt, silver ballet flats, cardigan with pink, orange and yellow in the cardigan - the cardigan tied around your shoulders. You'll be ready for spring in no time.

Tips: I love JCREW! Go to their store and try on their chino's. They come in a variety of fits (Favorite, City, Original) and fun colors. Once you figure out your fit, check their on-line sales regularly. Right now the ones I like are $14.99!! Their clothes are high in quality and they go up to a size 16, they carry tall and petite! Also, they have the very best t-shirts, my favorite are the perfect fit t-shirts. They are thick enough that they don't show your bra and everything else underneath. Right now, they are on sale too. I know you'll buy your basic black & white, so I challenge you to buy two more colors!!

PS. If you are "color challenged" I'd love to help you!

 Pic 1 - Here's your basic black pants with SILVER shoes and a yellow top - love it!  Pic 2 - I bet you didn't think orange and pink go well with khaki....and you thought you could only wear white or dark brown with your khaki pants - WRONG!
 Pic 3 - Classic grey pants and white shirt with purple, YES I said it PURPLE shoes and an orange cardigan. 4 colors! who knew!
   Pic 4 - taken from the JCrew catalogue -Chinos. 


No comments:

Post a Comment