Sunday, March 30, 2014

Spring Fling

I'm so happy winter is over, the 3 days of rain almost drowned me. Even though I love buying coats, boots, layers, etc. I'm truly a sun girl. My toes like to be free, I'd rather have bare legs than tights and my hair likes the dry weather. 

So that brings us to spring. What's new? What's in? What color is hot? What should I add to my wardrobe?  Here's a few thoughts; I don't really care about the trends, if it doesn't look good on you, who cares if everyone is wearing it? Color; buy what you like (except for black - you already have enough of that). What should you buy? Have you looked at what you have? If you haven't worn it in 3 years, give it away. Go through your closet, what needs to be mended, cleaned, tossed, etc. 

Now that you've done the work here's what I found in Nordstroms which caught my eye. I shopped like price wasn't an option, do you know why? Because the same things are in every store at every price. The less expensive stores copy the expensive stores. So you might the same style for a fraction of the cost, just keep your eyes open.

(1) CUT OUTS: This is everywhere, in shoes, skirts, dresses, jackets, etc:

Halogen "Prism" Eyelet cotton fit and flare dress $128
Halogen "Perforated" leather skirt $228
 


Halogen "Prism" eyelet cotton skirt $79
leather skirt up close
Betsey Johnson eyelet dress $178.00
Overpriced honeycomb dress $395


Zara cut out dress with a slip under $100
(2) Trend that won't go away - the "Moto" jacket, short for Motorcycle. It used to only come in black leather. Now it's in all kinds of color and material. 
Splendid cotton blue and white strip $128
Diane Von Furstenberg blue and white leather $945
Some overpriced designer white leather $1495

Zara cream cotton $119


(3) Animal print, this never seems to go away. Me, I'm Persian, we love it and will wear it whether it's in or out! Now if your sick of the typical leopard print, now there's giraffe, snake skin and everything in between.

Diane von Furstenberg skirt  $275



Rachel Zoe Collection
Rachel Zoe Giraffe print jacket

Diane von Furstenberg snakeskin skirt $275


(4) Shapes, fit and flare dresses, shorts instead of skirts....

Mint cardigan (very in color right now) and flare skirt to the left. To the right, dressy shorts - all pieces under $69 


Flare dress - I liked the shape, not the style so much - overpriced $575 


No comments:

Post a Comment