Monday, January 13, 2014

My boyfriend......boyfriend jeans that is

I love boyfriend jeans. I love any look that is casual and not sweats. You know how I feel about sweats, if you don't, shame on you, read previous posts you bad fashionista! Casual is hard for me. I'm Persian, we dress up to go the grocery store. So when I find a casual look that is comfortable, hip, fashionable and looks good on me......oh I'm so happy.

Before boyfriend jeans, I had a love/hate relationship with jeans. Jeans made me look great, they were like spanx to the 10th degree, but they were oh so uncomfortable. Remember when it was all about low-rise boot cut jeans that had wide bottoms, you wore them with high heels (preferably platforms) and they were tight as heck? If you were 5lbs over weight or more (umm which is everyone) these jeans created the ever so lovely muffin top (see previous posts).  Or if you had a booty you were the victim to the whale tale (see photo)
They were so long, so tight and the heels so high - there was no comfort happening for days. So when I'd ask, "so what should I wear to said event", and someone would say "oh you know, it's casual, just wear jeans". I would think, do they know I can barely sit in those jeans and they are so long you can't wear tennis shoes with them, I'm stuck in 4-6" heels and I'll be well over 6ft tall????

Then one day a miracle happened.....no not the Pajama Jeans......about 4-5 years ago the ever so lovely "Boyfriend Jeans" hit the stores. I was a skeptic at first. I was working at Nordstrom's, they were $150-$250, torn and baggy. Did they think I was a fool? I thought they would make me look fat and in no way would I pay money to look fat. I can do that all on my own, thank you very much! So I poo pood them.

If you didn't know, most of my fashion inspiration comes from real people on the street,  I see something on someone and think, hey that's cute and then I go find it. Well this is what happened with the BF jeans, I started seeing them on everyone and they looked cute. I saw them casual, dressed up, mid-level dressed up and realized they were so versatile. I still wasn't ready to pay full price for them, and one day I found myself in Old Navy (shhhh don't tell, my Persian family would have me shot by a firing squad) and they had a pair of BF jeans, torn but no too torn, nowhere on the jeans did they advertise "Old Navy" and they were $40. So I bought them, I wasn't 100% sold on this trend and I didn't want to invest too much. I wore them with flats (Tory Burch silver ones of course), I wore them with high heeled sandals, I wore them with T-shirts or blouses, I could wear any color with them, hot pink, green, yellow, practically any color goes with jeans. I had to start keeping track of when and where I wore them so people didn't see me in them too much (as if you are all keeping score - I forget I'm the only one I know with a true photographic memory).

Then winter came and I was so sad. I would have to put away my BF until next summer. But wait!!! I'm at the mall and in walks this woman in a bulky sweater that hits at her waist, BF Jeans and cute combat boots! There you have it ladies and ladies, BF can stay with me through the winter!!!! and he did!

I still wear these jeans today, no one believes me when I tell them they are from Old Navy and cost $40, they look as good as the stupid $200 ones.

So here's how to buy boyfriend jeans.

If you are 5'4 or under and thin:
You can wear them super baggy (at least 2"- 4" in waist size larger than you normally would) with a big belt, flats (sandals, or lace up flat boots) or heels, just wear a tight top, tight sweater, cropped jacket in the winter, wife beater with a big light material scarf in the summer. Trust me, you are thin, we know you are thin and nothing makes you look fat. It's an illusion that you have to wear tight to show your body. Also, only roll up the pants 2x. If you have to roll them up more, then cut the bottom so the roll isn't super bulky. Also, they must hang a bit, don't pull them up to your waist. You also can wear them tighter (I'll describe that later).
Jennifer Aniston pictured left
 

If you are 5'4 or less and not thin (if you have a distorted view of yourself and you don't know if you are thin just know anyone size 6 and under in my eyes is thin - ok don't get your panties in a bunch, if you are above a size 6 you are not fat, you are still NORMAL but you're just not thin, thin also has to do with body frame, oh geeze I might have opened up a can of worms). Anywhoo...... you under 5'4 girls who have some curvature, need to wear these jeans a little tighter. NOT TIGHT, just tighter (2" in waist size larger) Tighter in the booty and thigh region, not in the calf area - we are not buying skinny jeans. Wear them with the same items above minus the wife beater (that's what Jen is wearing). Instead wear a more blousey blouse. Heels would be best for you.
For you girls over 5'5 or tall girls, you have it the best. You can wear baggy BF or tighter BF. You can wear heels or flats, just go crazy!
 
My fav look right now - I have to get these!

 


Now for where to buy:

If you're like I was when I first started and you don't want to spend a lot of money, I'm all for that.
Right now The Gap has a pair on sale for $45.99 called "1969 deconstructed boyfriend sexy jeans" item # 600623. Buy them on line, 1 and 2 sizes up, when you get them decide which you like best and return the other one to the store. They come in petite (read previous post, if you are under 5'4 buy these in petite). Or just start shopping and see what you like. I promise, once you buy a pair, you'll be thanking me.

3 comments:

  1. Nice blog, thanks for sharing.
    Looking to buy petite boyfriend pants in the USA visit azupetite. We are specialized in offering stylish designer jeans at an affordable price. Here you can find your perfect pair of petite jeans. For more information visit our site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice http://persianprincessinnoho.blogspot.com/2014/01/my-boyfriendboyfriend-jeans-that-is.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are numerous individuals who simply wear skinny jeans simply because skinny jeans help to look attractive. Size Up Apparel is a respected online store that can be utilized by people to buy the best mens jeans. If you check out this amazing https://writeupcafe.com/highly-important-factors-about-mens-stretch-jeans/ site, you can acquire progressively more knowledge about mens skinny jeans.

    ReplyDelete