Saturday, February 7, 2009

SHOES



I have friends that are asking me to write about shoes. "What shoes should I wear" they say. My answer to a color confusion is gold or silver, they go with everything. Now, I know I am Persian and it's in my blood to love gold, not so much silver, but we love flashy stuff, so that's where silver comes in. Flash back: when gold and bronze became popular in the early 80's, oh my family was so happy. My Grandma was trying to steel my gold shoes!! BUT BUT BUT, this is coming from fashion know how, not the Persian in me - trust me gold and silver flats look fabulous.  I explain later.....

Before I get into what to wear let me just say this. I've noticed that in the last year or two shoes have taken a dramatic turn, a turn so different it's left me stumped and I haven't bought much in the way of shoes in the last two years. AH Don't be crazy - I have bought some, just not the usual amount. I look at the shoes that are displayed in the department stores, the ones that are given the best real estate on view for all to see and all I can think of is OUCH! The straps are ridiculous, like gladiator meets striper heals. This is all the rage in heals. Yes, they do look hot. But let me say this, if your feet hurt or you can't walk properly in these shoes, you look like an idiot. Period. Ladies, make sure you can walk comfortably in your shoes before you buy them.  How you walk, how you carry yourself says more than what is on your feet. Do you watch Oprah, do you see her fabulous high heeled shoes (it's the first thing I look at her when she's on)? Well guess what, she's SITTING in those shoes same goes for Kelly (skinny bitch) Rippa! That's why she can walk on stage in those 4" heels, elongate her legs, THEN SIT! So I walk by all those shoes in the stores stumped on what to buy, are you feeling me?

OK back to gold and silver.  Spring and summer are coming so black and brown shoes will not always do it. Let's say you have a cute skirt, white background with yellow and green in it, what shoes do you wear? Do you have to go out and buy yellow or green shoes? NO I say, silly to this matchy matchy look! Wear silver or gold ballet flats or sandals. Not flip flops. Flip flops are good for sweats, shorts, casual stuff - but they do not complete an outfit. You walk sloppy in them, therefore your outfit becomes sloppy and you look frumpy. Ballet flats are adorable, with pants (make sure your pants are hemmed and not dragging on the ground) Capri's (OH don't get me started on Capri's - they better be wide legged or else you look like you gotta big butt and most of them make you look like your legs are short) shorts, skirts and dresses. You don't have to get gold or silver ballet flats, but please stay away from black and brown. Get crazy! There are all sorts of fun colors out there, I especially love the animal prints. Do you know that an animal print flat can take the place of your brown or black shoe? OH yes, sister! But please, do not wear any other animal print with it. One animal print on one body part please (unless you are Persian).  IF you must get black, get patten leather with a gold or silver emblem on them.

Also, if shopping for ballet flats the shape is very important. They need to have an elongated front. If they are too round or moccasin like - you will look like you have platypus feet. 

Please keep in mind shoes is a subject which can not be covered in one posting. Today's entry is about flats and color.  Girls, we do wear high heels and we know we look hot in them, so I will elaborate on that in the future.  

$$ Tip: right now on target.com they have silver flats for $19.99. So if you are unsure about this and don't want to invest a lot of money, buy those and try them out. I am sure you'll love them and purchase a good pair in the future.


3 comments:

  1. thank you for this and the little shopping lesson last night. I am going to try out a pair of ballet slippers to see how I do on them. Silver of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katya,
    Bless you woman.
    You are a wonderful writer and give so much information. So many people should be reading this- I mean, soooo many girl!
    Thank you for the great tips-
    I am not a flats wearer by any means. I think they make me look fat, it's definately not the food that does. LMAO! I actually remember my last pair of flats that I wore. They were those little chinese slippers. I was 7 months pregnant (60 lbs heavier than normal) and going down a flight of stairs outside out condo in Kauai, it was our second day of a nine day trip and it was one of the worst and longest rain storm they had then. I slipped in the rain and fractured my ankle. Last time I wore flats....BUT,
    I will branch out and when my next Target Visitation Pass comes up, I will pick up a pair, suck in my tummy, extend my legs and wear them proudly at Thursday night.

    Bravo friend,
    love
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good blog. But I am not going to wear silver or gold flats, no way. Ray J

    ReplyDelete