Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Spring / Summer must haves

I posed the question "what should I blog about next" on facebook here's the responses I received:
"How women with 38DD's can find something to fit into... That shows some skin w/o looking so cheap!" "Or Women that owe sizes on their bra size, so they don't look like little boys!" "How about a few ideas of clothing or accessories that are "must have" for spring and will work to freshen up your current wardrobes staples?"

I will try to answer all three questions:

For the "Must Haves" I think tops & summer dresses are it. 

Tops = Fun, flirty, blousey tops in fun colors. No black. I couldn't find pictures of tops with jewelry, but a long gold or silver necklace with charms/tassels at the end look great (Forever 21 for $6). (Jewelry note: big necklace+small earrings OR Big hoop earrings+small necklace - for both, add a few bangle bracelets. )You can wear these tops with jeans and flats or dress it up with heels. Or go a little dressier and wear some hot black or if you dare white slacks and some heels and you're done! Also, bermuda shorts and heels or flats with these tops are CUTE! No big skirts - you will look too puffy.

Tip for tops & spending your money wisely: I've been at Nordstom now for 5 months. I've been exposed to designer clothing, trying it on, seeing it on stars in magazines and tv (which helps me get ideas of how to wear it).  So now, when I go to less expensive stores (Forever 21, H&M, etc) I know what I am looking for. Think about it, where do these cheap stores get their ideas?? But if you go to these stores and you don't know what you are looking for, you will come out looking cheap - we don't want that! Now, for staples (shoes, handbags, jeans, sweaters, slacks, suits and dressier items)  you must spend good money - or else it looks cheap and that's not the message you want to send out.

The other must have is a summer dress. I used to think I would look like I was wearing a schmatte (Yiddish for rag), but I was pleasantly surprised. If you don't like your arms, you can pair the dress with a cropped cardigan (old navy & H&M) make sure they only hit you under the "girls". Any longer and you'll look like a box. NOW if they are too long, have them hemmed. This look is not just for tall thin girls - believe me! Also, wear this dress with flats ONLY.

PS if you have giggle - jelly - IE, like most of us, your legs and butt are not rock hard - PAH-LEASE buy some spanx and wear them under ALL dresses and skirts. We don't want to see your butt eating your underwear.      These styles above for our girls with "big girls"
 
These styles above for our girls with "little girls"


Hope this helps !

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up. I have no clue what is in or what is out. Your tips are my only source of knowledge about fashion.

    L, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Thanks!!! I will do my best to post 1 a week.
    Love you - Katya

    ReplyDelete